The purpose of this policy document is to ensure all student/clients have ready access to fair and inexpensive complaints and appeals process.
The complaint and appeals policy applies to all cases of complaints or appeals, as defined, and is available to all student/client’s utilizing and services under DSBWorldWide, Inc. dba FoodHandlerClasses.com (FHC).
The complaints and appeals process follows three steps, depending on the nature of the complaint or appeal. The steps are listed below:
- An informal process between the persons involved.
- An informal process between the student/client and Courses Director
- An internal formal process for matters that have not been able to be resolved informally.
For the purposes of this policy, the following definition have been provided:
- Appeal, n—request for reconsideration of adverse decision.
- Examples: failed the test repeatedly, test was not clear, course information was not clear, course did not adequately prepare for the test.
- Complaint, n—request for corrective action relating to the activities of the complainant as it directly relates to FHC.
- Examples: Certificate information error, computer issues, over charged
- Complainant, n—the person lodging the complaint or appeal.
- DSBWorldWide, Inc. dba FoodHandlerClasses.com will encourage all complaints to be resolved informally in the first instance. If the student/client involved would like assistance to resolve a matter informally, they are encouraged to submit a support ticket through the website, contact FHC via email, or speak with a customer service supervisor directly.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved informally in the first instance, the student/client is encouraged to speak with a customer service supervisor.
- Formal Complaints must be emailed to email@example.com. The Formal Complaint will then be forwarded to the person holding authority over the FHC program. Formal complaints must be submitted in writing and contain the reason for the complaint or appeal, steps of escalation, projected outcome, and means of restitution.
- The process for resolving the formal written complaint will commence within ten working days.
- Resolving the matter will be considered a priority by FHC and every reasonable resource will be made to resolve the formal complaint or formal appeal as soon as possible.
- All complaints and appeals will be approached with a fair and transparent manner with the complainant being provided information about their formal complaint or formal appeal with corresponding resolution as deemed necessary.
- The internal formal process will be at no cost to the complainant.
- FHC will ensure the matter will be handled in strict confidentiality.
- A written statement of outcome will be mailed and/or emailed to the complainant including reasons for decision.
- The complainant’s current state will be upheld during the formal process of complaint or appeal.
Last Updated: 7/31/2014